If you’re looking to add some sparkle and personality to your hair, then you’ve probably considered using beads. Hair beads have become increasingly popular in recent years as a way to express oneself through their hair. Not only do they add a touch of uniqueness to your hairstyle, but they also come in various shapes, sizes, and colors.
However, it’s crucial to learn how to put beads in hair properly. Without the proper technique, beads can easily fall out, causing frustration and potentially damaging your hair. That’s why we’ve created this step-by-step guide to help you learn how to put beads in hair like a pro.
Using hair beads comes with its benefits. Firstly, it allows you to showcase your creativity and style. You can choose different colors and patterns to match your outfit, mood, or occasion. Secondly, beads can help protect your hair from breakage and split ends by acting as a barrier between your hair and other elements. Lastly, beads can be used as a protective styling technique, preventing your hair from getting tangled and damaged.
By the end of this guide, you’ll be able to flawlessly add beads to your hair, creating a unique and vibrant hairstyle that reflects your personality and style. So, let’s get started!
Choosing the Right Beads for Your Hair
When it comes to choosing the right beads for your hair, there are a few factors to consider to ensure your beads look great and last long. Here are some tips to help you pick the best beads for your hair.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Hair Beads
Before purchasing hair beads, it’s important to consider the following factors:
Different hair types require different types of beads. For instance, coarse hair requires large beads, while fine hair requires smaller beads. So, consider your hair type before selecting the type of beads you want.
What is the purpose of adding beads to your hair? Is it for a special occasion or just for everyday wear? The purpose will determine the type of beads you choose.
Hair beads come in different price ranges, so it’s important to consider your budget when selecting beads.
Types of Beads Suitable for Different Hair Types
- Large Beads: Best suited for thick, coarse hair.
- Small Beads: Ideal for fine hair.
- Pony Beads: Suitable for all hair types.
- Wooden Beads: Best suited for natural hair.
- Acrylic Beads: Ideal for synthetic hair.
Tips on Selecting the Right Color and Size of Beads
- Choose beads that complement your hair color.
- Select beads that are not too heavy for your hair.
- Consider the length of your hair when choosing the size of the beads.
Preparing Your Hair for Beading
Before you start beading your hair, it’s essential to prepare it properly. Here are some steps to follow to ensure that your hair is ready for the beading process:
Step 1: Detangle Your Hair
Before beading, make sure to detangle your hair thoroughly. This will help prevent any snags or knots that can damage your hair or make it difficult to bead. Start by using a wide-tooth comb to remove any tangles gently. Then, use a smaller comb or brush to smooth out any stubborn knots.
Step 2: Section Your Hair
To make the beading process easier, it’s best to section your hair. Use hair clips to divide your hair into sections, starting at the nape of your neck and working your way up. This will ensure that you can access all parts of your hair without it getting in the way.
Step 3: Prepare Your Hair for Beading
Before you start beading, prepare your hair by applying a small amount of oil or leave-in conditioner. This will help to keep your hair moisturized and prevent any damage caused by the beads rubbing against your hair.
By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to prepare your hair for beading and ensure that the beading process goes smoothly. Remember, taking the time to prepare your hair correctly will help prevent any damage and ensure that your beads stay in place for as long as possible.
How to Put Beads in Hair
If you’re new to using hair beads, putting them in can seem daunting. But with the right technique, you’ll be able to add beads to your hair like a pro. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to put beads in hair:
Step-by-step instructions on how to put beads in hair
- Start by sectioning your hair: Before you start adding beads, you need to section your hair into small, manageable parts. Use hair clips to hold each section in place.
- Take a small section of hair: Take a small section of hair that you want to add beads to. Make sure the section is small enough to hold the beads.
- Thread the beads: Take the end of the section of hair and thread it through the bead hole. Continue threading the beads onto the hair until you reach your desired amount.
- Secure the beads: Once you’ve threaded the beads onto the hair, use a crimp bead or a knot to secure the beads in place. Make sure the beads are close to the scalp, but not too tight.
How to thread beads onto your hair
Threading beads onto your hair is a simple process. Take the end of the hair section and thread it through the bead hole. Continue doing this until you’ve threaded all the beads you want onto the hair.
How to secure the beads in place
To secure the beads in place, use a crimp bead or a knot. Place the crimp bead or knot close to the scalp but not too tight.
Tips on creating unique bead patterns
Mix and match different colors and sizes of beads to create unique patterns. You can also add beads to different sections of your hair to create a more dynamic look. Play around with different bead patterns until you find one that suits your style.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to add beads to your hair with ease. Remember to take your time and be patient, especially if you’re new to using hair beads.
Maintaining Your Beaded Hair
Maintaining your beaded hair is essential to keep it looking fresh and healthy. Here are some tips on how to take care of your beaded hair:
Tips on How to Maintain Your Beaded Hair
- Avoid exposing your beaded hair to water for extended periods, as this can cause the beads to rust and damage your hair.
- Moisturize your hair regularly to prevent dryness and breakage. You can use natural oils such as coconut, olive, or jojoba oil to keep your hair hydrated.
- Avoid using heavy products that can weigh down your hair and damage the beads. Opt for lightweight hair products such as serums, sprays, and leave-in conditioners.
- Avoid over-manipulating your hair, as this can cause the beads to become loose and fall out. Instead, try to keep your hair in a protective style that requires minimal manipulation.
How to Keep Your Beads Clean and Shiny
To keep your beads clean and shiny, follow these simple steps:
- Mix warm water and mild shampoo in a bowl.
- Dip a soft-bristled toothbrush into the mixture and gently scrub the beads.
- Rinse the beads with warm water and pat them dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a small amount of oil to the beads to add shine and protect them from rust.
How to Remove Beads from Your Hair Without Damaging It
Removing beads from your hair can be challenging, but it’s crucial to do it correctly to avoid damaging your hair. Follow these steps to remove beads without damaging your hair:
- Use a pair of pliers to loosen the beads gently.
- Slide the bead off the hair strand.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut the hair strand close to the bead.
- Use a detangling comb to remove any tangles or knots from your hair.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to maintain your beaded hair, keep it clean and shiny, and remove beads without damaging your hair.
Adding beads to your hair is an excellent way to express your creativity, protect your hair, and showcase your unique style. Learning how to put beads in hair properly is crucial to ensure they stay in place and don’t damage your hair. By following the step-by-step guide we’ve provided, you’ll be able to add beads to your hair like a pro.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and patterns to create a unique hairstyle that reflects your personality and style. And remember, maintaining your beaded hair is just as important as putting them in. Keep your beads clean and shiny, and remove them properly to avoid damaging your hair.
At Hair Style, we believe that hair is an essential part of one’s identity and should be celebrated. We hope this guide has inspired you to try out adding beads to your hair and embrace your unique style. So, what are you waiting for? Grab some beads and start styling!